Monday, January 21, 2008

Banjo versus TV: Week 3

Banjo 25 hrs, TV 23 hoursA weekly check-in on the Banjo versus TV project -- J.R.'s resolution to spend more time in 2008 on his banjo than on TV.

Like the previous week, week 3 started off with a painful truth from my instructor, Mike. Yes, I'd been practicing my rolls. But I'd been practicing them too slowly and with the wrong emphasis. So it's been another week of roll practice, interrupted only by the speech I gave at my Toastmasters group.

I'm kinda proud of the music that I performed at that speech, 'cause it's my first success at writing tabulature. Following Mike's suggestion, I wrote my own version of The Ballad of Jed Clampett (AKA The Theme to the Beverly Hillbillies).

Another thing to be proud of? The Banjo versus TV project survived its first major attack: the new season of American Idol, which the redhead and I love to watch.

Also in the last week:

No comments: