Friday, January 25, 2008

Darn It! I missed B-Fest again!

Ken Begg, a high school friend, is the unofficial historian of an annual 24-hour marathon of b-movies: B-Fest. Every year I plan to go and every year I remember it too late! Darn it!

Ken and I went to a lot of movies in our high school days. Particularly memorable for me was the Woody Allen film fest in which I won second place in the Woody Allen look-alike contest.

But I missed B-Fest (again!) and will have to settle for reading Ken's diary of B-Fest 2008. He's been at this for years and has diaries for 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004. (Hey, Ken. What happened to 2005, 2006 and 2007? Surely you didn't miss B-Fest.)

Ken was interviewed in a podcast about B-Fest here. (It's a 2005 interview and it gives an old URL for Ken's blog and web site. The correct URL is http://www.jabootu.net.)

Next year for sure!

Update: Yes, the figure in the lower right of that B-Fest 2008 poster is the titular monster from The She-Creature (1956), in which Frank Jenks plays "Detective Sergeant."

Update #2: The adjective "titular" means that the name or identity of the character is also the title of the film. The she-creature is in the film The She-Creature. Some of you have filthy minds.

No comments: