Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I found Power Girl!

Long-time readers (Hi, Mom!) will recall that I'd made a promise to this woman.

The Mighty Monarch vs Powergirl

We met at Wizard World 2007 in Chicago. I was wearing a Plastic Man costume, my nephew was wearing a Woozy Winks costume. The meeting went something like this:

Some dude: (Tapping me on the shoulder.) She wants you to come over.

Me: Huh?

Some dude: (Motions towards the woman in the Power Girl costume.) She can't leave the booth and she wants you to come over.

Me: Power Girl!!!

Her: Plastic Man!!!

(I run over to the booth, dragging "Woozy" with me. A big hug as we talk over one another.)

Talking over one another: ILovePowerGirlILovePlasticManAlwaysBeenOneOfMyFavoritesOhMeTooWeHaveGotToGetAPicture.

Me: (As we pose.) You realized that I'm going to have to PhotoShop this so my arm wraps around you.

Her: Of course!

Me: I'll get you a copy.

But, dummy that I am, I neglected to get her contact information. So, even though the picture came out beautifully and I got not just one but two great PhotoShop mods of it, I didn't know how to get a copy to her.

Until now.

The woman, I've discovered, is Liana K, co-host of the popular Canadian show Ed & Red's Night Party.

Liana K Liana K and Ed the Sock

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about her.

Liana Kerzner (born 1978 in Toronto, Ontario), better known by her stage name, Liana K, is a Canadian television entertainer who co-hosts the talk show, Ed's Night Party.

After studying English Literature and Anthropology for a time at York University, she abandoned her academic studies in 1997 when she was hired for behind-the-scenes work on Ed's Night Party. This eventually led to Kerzner earning the positions of senior producer and co-head writer of the program. By 2004, she joined Ed the Sock to become the first female co-host on the show.

Kerzner has also been involved in many of Ed the Sock's other media projects, including the annual Fromage specials and Smartass: The Ed the Sock Report, both on the Canadian cable music and variety television channel MuchMusic.

Kerzner has been also active as a performer in theatre and competitive dance from a young age.

She's also a comic book fan and she loves cosplay. And she blogs.

So I'm going to drop her an email (or blog post or something) with a link to this post so I can finally get her the photos.

Now, I know what you're thinking. "OMG, J.R.," you're thinking, because you think in initialisms. "You and Liana K are so much alike. Blogging, comics, costumes, hand puppets. Ravishingly good looks. How are we going to tell you apart?"

I can see your difficulty. So I used information from our respective sites to create the following chart of comparisons.

Liana KJ.R. J
Liana K as Batwoman Liana K as Knockout Liana K as Hawkgirl
Liana K as Leia Liana K as Sheena Liana K as Red Sonja
Liana K as Poison Ivy Liana K as ?
1965 Clown 1975 Alien and alien dog 1983 Jester
Jack Skelington, Woozy Winks and Plastic Man do lunch at Wizard World 2007 2007 Galactus
Your results:
You are Spider-Man
You are intelligent, witty,
a bit geeky and have great
power and responsibility.
Spider-Man
100%
Supergirl
90%
Batman
80%
Wonder Woman
75%
Green Lantern
70%
Superman
70%
Hulk
60%
Iron Man
60%
Robin
55%
The Flash
55%
Catwoman
50%
Click here to take the Superhero Personality Quiz
Your results:
You are Spider-Man
You are intelligent, witty,
a bit geeky and have great
power and responsibility.
Spider-Man
90%
Hulk
75%
Superman
65%
Iron Man
65%
Catwoman
55%
Supergirl
53%
The Flash
50%
Green Lantern
50%
Robin
48%
Batman
40%
Wonder Woman
38%
Click here to take the Superhero Personality Quiz

Hope that helps.

2 comments:

Liana K said...

YOU FOUND ME!

I've got a newly minted Poison Ivy 2.0 suit for this year's WWC, but I think I'll have to bring Power Girl back too now. It's a four day show, which means four costumes! Wee!

Great photoshop! I still adore Plas.

J.R. Jenks said...

I'm so glad you got the pictures! I'll pass your compliments to the Photoshopper.

We'll see you at WWC! I'm afraid I'll have to reuse Galactus from Halloween since I just don't think I'll have the time to get my Man-Thing together by then.