Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Banjo versus TV: Week 35

A weekly check-in on the Banjo versus TV project — J.R.'s resolution to spend more time in 2008 on his banjo than on TV. After having fallen up to 4 weeks behind on his so-called-weekly check-ins, he's now nearly caught up and is posting this check-in a mere one week late.
Banjo 228 hrs, TV 194 hours

The big news this last week was, of course, the Four Corners Folk Festival, which you can read all about by following this label.

I lugged my banjo all the way to the festival and only jammed a little, but it was good jamming.

My nicest playing-my-banjo experience this week was on the dirt road on the way to the festival. I was about half way through the 4-hour drive from Albuquerque Airport to Pagosa Springs, CO; in the middle of nowhere Colorado. I hadn't seen anybody else for some time and I decided to pull off the road to admire the scenery and pluck a little.

Here's a picture of that experience. If you listen closely, you can hear me singing "This Land is Your Land."

This land is your land / This land is my land...

No comments: