Friday, September 19, 2008

Banjo versus TV: Week 37

A weekly check-in on the Banjo versus TV project — J.R.'s resolution to spend more time in 2008 on his banjo than on TV. This post covers 9/9/2008 through 9/15/2008.
Banjo 236 hrs, TV 214 hours

So why did the TV kick the banjo's butt this week? Two reasons: Water and the guitar.

The guitar because this was the week where I started my guitar lessons, and that time doesn't count as banjo time even though I'm doing this for banjo-related reasons. (I want to learn to recognize the chords that a guitarist plays during a jam session.)

Water because the roof to our apartment sprung a leak during the weekend storms. The redhead and I slept in shifts so that somebody would be awake to spot new leaks and to mop up. The TV was my stay-awake buddy during much of that time, so I racked up 9 hours and 11 minutes of TV time this week. (Ooooh! 9:11 for the week of 9/11. Is it something mystical, or just a coincidence? [Answer: Coincidence.])

Also in the last week:

No comments: