Sunday, September 6, 2009

Banjo versus TV week 78: Working on Preamble again

A check-in on the Banjo versus TV project — J.R.'s ongoing plan to spend more time on his banjo than on TV. This post covers 8/23/2009 through 8/29/2009.
Banjo 495 hrs, TV 433 hours

I spent a little time on a project that I intermittently spend a little time on: Tabbing out Preamble from Schoolhouse Rock.

You know the song because you're exactly like me and you grew up watching Saturday morning cartoons in the 1970s.

Early on in my banjo career I performed Preamble in a recital...

J.R.'s banjo debut

...complete with a sing-along slide show...

Slide26

...and it was a hit. But all I did was strum, strum, strum because I didn't know how to do bluegrass rolls at the time. As my skills progress I occasionally revisit this project and write up a little more of the tablature.

Here's what I added this last week. It's the first few bars of the song, after the "Hey do you know about the USA?" introduction:


Also in the last week:

No comments: