Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kodak EasyShare C913 repair

I'm pretty hard on my digital cameras. It's been a while so I'm not sure what mistreatment caused my Kodak EasyShare C913's screen to go all fuzzy...

Sad-looking Before Kitty

...but it probably has to do with my habit of just tossing the camera into a banjo gig bag or carrying it around in my hip pocket.

I thought of this busted camera, which has been sitting on a shelf for some time, when I ran across a YouTube video showing how easy it is to replace a broken digital camera screen.

So I took my camera apart with a plan to find the part number of the broken screen and ordering a replacement. (You can get replacement screens on eBay for $15-$20.)

But when I got it open I found that the screen's internal connector...

Loose connector

...was loose and just needed a little nudge to make things right again.

Happy-looking After Kitty

It's too bad I didn't know that before I purchased a replacement camera last year.

Speaking of which, my next repair task is to fix the replacement camera, which seems to have suffered an even worse fate than its predecessor.

No comments: