Friday, October 29, 2010

I won the #bwayplot contest!

The other day I was watching Jesus Christ Superstar on Ovation TV and I actually paid attention to the annoying lower third ad:

So I fired up my little-used Twitter account and tweeted a few plots. A few days later Ovation announced the winners and, whodathunkit, I won first place!

First prize was a pair of tickets to a Broadway show in the winner's area. I picked Hair, which is coming to Chicago in March.

Here's my winning tweet. Click on it to see what Broadway show I summarized. Float over it for a hint.

You've got that banjoes strummin' / And plunkin' out a tune to beat the band, / The whole plantation's hummin' / Since you brought Dixie back to Dixieland

I summarized a bunch of others, too, like:

Our fine four-fendered friend

Stella!

No you can't / Yes I can

Honestly, this one's so obscure that a hint won't help

Potiphar was cool and so fine / But his wife would never toe the line / It's all there in chapter thirty-nine / Of Genesis

Try to remember

If you miss it, you'll have to wait 100 years to try again

I have to admit that this one was my favorite:

That's Professor Harold Hill, Harold Hill

After posting this one...

Somewhere that's green

...I felt that I was being too wordy. So I summarized the same show in four words...

In an early year of a decade not too long before our own

...then another in three..

What are you waiting for?

...until I finally found one I could summarize in two words.

You do not need a hint

IMO, the best posts from my distinquished competitors were...

Not 'The Unsinkable Molly Brown' -- the other one

...and...

Chlorofluorocarbons

No comments: